May – Maia: In ancient Roman religion and myth, Maia embodied the concept of growth as her name was thought to be related to the comparative adjective maius, maior, "larger, greater" meaning “the great one” or “larger one” in terms of generational precedence, connected to the “maiores”-"ancestors”. Hence on the first day of May, the “Lares Praestites” were honored as protectors of the city. Lares were guardian deities in ancient Roman religion. They were hero-ancestors, guardians of the hearth, fields, boundaries or fruitfulness. Her name is related to (maia), an honorific term for older women related to (mētēr) 'mother'. Maia also meant "midwife” in Greek. Maia eldest of the seven Pleiades. The mountain nymph of the legendary Acadia, and protector of the countryside’s sheep herders, lover of Zeus. Mother of Mercury by Jupiter, wife of vulcan and daughter of Atlas/faunus. Roman earthy goddess of growth of plants, animals, the womb, spring, flower and fertility. 1st Monday in May is her holiday. Some call her Maiesta the Roman goddess of honor and reverence. The month of May in Latin Maius was supposedly named for Maia. The flamen of Vulcan sacrificed a pregnant cow to Maia, a customary offering to an earth goddess that reiterates the link between Vulcan and Maia in the archaic prayer formula. (In ancient Roman religion, a flamen was a priest assigned to one of fifteen deities with official cults during the Roman Republic). In Roman myth, Mercury (Hermes), the son of Maia, was the father of the twin Lares, a genealogy that sheds light on the collocation of ceremonies on the May Kalends (the first day of the month. the root of the name “calendar”. New moon). On May 15, the Ides (full moon, 13th to 15th day of the month), Mercury was honored as a patron of merchants and increaser of profit (through an etymological connection with “merx” - "goods” “merces”- “merchandise", also another possible connection with Maia his mother as a goddess who promoted growth. Maia is a star in the constellation Taurus. It is the fourth brightest star in the Pleiades open star cluster. Maia and the Pleiades are visible in the winter night sky along with the constellation Orion. May is the end of spring in the Northern hemisphere.
1. This is the month the Lord has made. Rejoice and be glad in it. Thank God for the fifth month, by God’s grace we have been ushered into the last month of the spring season in preparation for summer. Ps 136:26.
2. Declare the Lordship of Jesus over this gate of the fifth month. Ask the Lord to exercise His authority freely over this month. Ps 103:19.
3. Declare to the heavens and to the earth that God made the fifth month of the year, consequently all false claims of other gods, their powers and influence over this month are all cut off by the blood of Christ. Deut 32:1-2; Col 2:14.
4. As you inscribe the heavens with the above declarations, instruct them to declare to the end of the world that the purposes and counsel of God for the fifth month shall stand and God will be glorified. Ps 45:1; 19:1-6; Is 14:24.
5. Praise God for the promise of more abundant life and fruitfulness in every endeavor during this month.
6. Pray that the fruit for the 3rd, 5th and 9th months from the tree of life that was assigned for this month will be released into your life, the Body of Christ, nation and continent Rev 22:2.
7. Read Jeremiah 1:9-10: We are in a season where God is allowing all false foundations to be exposed and broken so that He can rebuild new ones. Pray that you will pay attention to personal and corporate events which are meant to pull down and destroy old foundations so that you can endure in all seasons.
8. Pray that you will be spiritually alert to dreams, visions, conversations which will expose ungodly foundations, and ask the Lord to give you wisdom on how to carry out the proper intercessions to pull down and destroy them, before you can plant and build God’s foundations in every aspect of your life and experience.
9. The heavens declare the various characteristics of this month. Pray that you will be sensitive to God’s revelations through nature concerning His timetable in the nations. Luke 21:11.
10. Is this the month of your birth? Pray that any area of your life including your health, relationships with God and men, that has faced depletion or deterioration will receive an injection of the virtues that symbolize this month.
11. Pray that in this month, as you complete a year and usher in a new year of your life, the Lord will grant you favor and fruitfulness in every aspect of your life.
12. Each birthday you celebrate is an occasion for new beginnings. Pray that the purpose for which God allowed you to enter into the human race will be fulfilled. Where you have been operating outside of purpose, pray that God will reveal to you how you can walk back into His destiny for you. Pray that your times will from this season, be in His hands. Psalm 139.
13. Pray that the virtues of the Jubilee; restoration, return to inheritance, rejoicing, repentance, rebuilding, will be made manifest in every aspect of your life and occupation as you enter another year of your life. (Isa 60) and in this season of the feast of Pentecost.
14. What is the Body of Christ doing to represent Christ in the nations? There is need for a drastic change in the way we are operating in every nation. The Body of Christ is not presenting Jesus Christ properly. Repent for the failure of the Body beginning with you.
15. Ask yourself, If Jesus were in your environment, what would He do to reverse the sad statistics of unhappiness and discontent? Ask yourself – Is He not here? Do you not represent Him? What have people said of the Jesus Christ you represent? Did they say “Crucify Him!” or “Crown Him.”? Did they embrace Him or fear and reject Him? What have people whom you encounter as an individual thought of the Jesus Christ you represent? Is He a rude Jesus? An abrupt and harsh Jesus? A greedy, corrupt Jesus? A grasping and unfaithful Jesus? An impatient Jesus? A tribalistic or racist or sectarian Jesus? A kind and compassionate Jesus? What face of Jesus Christ do you present that has brought so much discontent and unhappiness? Let the above thought be your guide for the month. Endeavor to pray and ask the Lord whether you have been a good ambassador and be willing to hear what He will say. Then ask Him to help you to represent Him correctly.
16. Pray that in this third month of the Hebraic sacred calendar, every action or word that brings disunity and division, will begin to be exposed for what they truly represent in the governance, government and leadership of your nation.
17. Repent for every act or word by the Body of Christ (starting with yourself), which has caused disunity in the nations. We are to be an instrument of unity and peace, yet we have not done it according to God’s patterns. Where there was need to arise and fight against unrighteousness, we chose to keep quiet in the name of “peace” and “not mixing church with state.” In times of political unrest, the body of Christ has been an instrument of division as they took sides in a soulish manner. Psalm 133.
18. Pray that you will be an instrument of divine Unity in every gate of society where the Lord has placed you. Pray this for the Body of Christ in matters of nationhood in various nations.
19. Pray that God will light your candle which is a symbol of life Psalm 18:28.
20. Cancel with the blood of Jesus all previous dedications of the 5th month to strange mythological gods. Re-dedicate and devote the month to its Owner the Creator of Heaven and earth. Col 2:14; Lev 27:28.
21. Pray for more grace for the Body of Christ to accomplish God’s purposes in this particular month.
22. Execute the judgment of the Lord written against every aspect of lawlessness, depravity and disorder in this season. Pray for this in every gate of the 7 mountains of society.
23. Pray that there will be a birthing of new leadership of shepherds who will tend God’s flock in the nations with integrity of heart, and skillfulness of hand Psalm 78:70-72.
24. God abhors the worship and honor of any other god apart from Him. There are numerous pagan celebrations which mark the height of the spring season. These are dedicated to various gods which are represented by various planets. Ask the Lord to judge all gods that try to steal His worship, allegiance and honor from men in this season, just the way He judged the gods of Egypt. Rev 16:1; Exodus 12:12.
25. 1st May or May Day celebrations: There will be general celebration and holiday merry making around the world. Dedicate the day to the Lord and declare any deliberate or ignorant dedications to other gods nullified by the blood of Christ. Col 2:14.
26. Pray that the whole earth will acknowledge God as the Creator of all who gives fertility to all plants, animals and human beings on earth.Deut 10:17; Nehemiah 9:6; John 1:3.
27. May 1 was considered as International Labor Day by the International Socialist Congress in 1889, and has since become the occasion for important demonstrations. The absence of justice, righteousness and truth has brought about dissatisfaction. This results in continual demonstrations sometimes coupled with violence and death. Pray that as the Holy Spirit sweeps the marketplace, He will bring conviction to employers and employees, to government and the governed, to the leadership of the Body of Christ and the laity.
PRAYING FOR NATIONS
1. Israel & The Arab World
In this 5th month according to the Roman calendar, the 2nd month of Iyar, Israel celebrates the proclamation of independence from the British Mandate of Palestine in 1948. Pray that in this season, the Lord will arise as Judge of the earth, to execute the written judgment on every aspect of lawlessness in the nations against Israel Isa 33:22.
2. Even as Fundamental Islam seems to be on the rise with the current unrest in the Arab world, Israel has been concerned about who are its allies in the shifting political landscape in the Middle East. Pray that God will cause the continents especially Africa to arise again as an ally to Israel. Africa has from generation to generation, raised a protective incubating system for Israel at various stages of her nationhood – from the time of Jacob’s move with his family of 70 up to the time when Jesus Christ was incubated there for a season. Psalm 68:31-35.
3. Pray that once again, Africa will arise as a partner in the Isaiah 19 highway to link up with Israel and be a blessing on the earth. Isa 19:19-25.
4. The Middle East and the Arab world have experienced an unprecedented shake-up in magnitudes they never imagined possible. God is moving in the Arab world in order to do a new thing. There is a breaking down of ancient ungodly foundations, and a raising up of new ones. Pray that as the season to plant and build approaches in this part of the world, God will raise real Masons; those who are called by His name and chosen by Him, to rebuild that part of the world with Godly patterns.
5. Pray for the strengthening of the voice of God through the Body of Christ in these nations. Pray that indeed God will find instruments He can use in those nations and others whom He will send to help bring healing to the broken and shaken societies.
6. Pray that the people of the oil-rich nations of the Arab world will put their trust in the Lord, and not in their oil reserves as their economies have been shaken.
7. Pray that the body of Christ will produce sons in the area of technology, to come up with solutions that will counter the kind of hold that oil has had on economies. God has given many other resources that are untapped or ignored with regard to fuel and energy; and this is the season to look into those other areas.
Independence days of nations:
1. There are many events to mark the various national days for the nations. Pray that every God-ordained event will be covered by the blood of Jesus Christ.
2. There are many ungodly events prepared to usher these nations into deeper levels of ungodliness prior to or during their national days. Pray that all creation will reject and vomit out every ungodly thing being proclaimed, or keyed into this season.
3. Pray that the Body of Christ will wax strong and do exploits fulfilling their God given role in the nations.
4. Pray that as the Body of Christ will take her place in the nation, they will disciple their nations to use their God given redemptive gifts in every aspect of the 7 gates of society.
5. As each of the nations enters their destiny more fully, pray that the patterns of development and progress will pattern God’s original. They will multiply and replenish the earth, rather than deplete its resources. Gen 1:26-28.
6. Some nations are experiencing various levels of violence and unrest. They were not created to be a place of violence, hatred and gross human injustices. Pray for the peace of each territory. Pray that the judgments of the Lord over those nations will in this season cause them to learn righteousness. Psalm 26:2,9.
7. Pray for the Body of Christ in the nations to be strengthened and renewed in this season of new beginnings as the nation celebrates another milestone. Pray for missionaries in these nations not to give up but rather, God will raise even more people in these nations to bring the gospel of salvation and the kingdom of God.
8. Pray that in this new season the sons of Kedar in these nations (who was a son of Ishmael - Arabic descent) especially Moslems, will begin to encounter the risen Christ Isa 26:9, Jeremiah 29:11, Isa 60:7.
9. Pray that there will be a spirit of supplication and repentance where the Body of Christ and the nation have not walked in God's ways. Pray for the youth of these nations that they will begin to find intense dissatisfaction in the temporal pursuits of this life, and begin to earnestly seek God and find him Jeremiah 29:12-13, Psalm 42, Psalm 63.
PRAYING GOD’S PATTERNS INTO THE HEAVENS
1. On the fourth day of the creation week, God created the two great lights – the greater and lesser lights and the stars also Ps 136:7-9; Gen 1:14-18 and positioned them in the firmament. They rule the day and the night respectively and they mark the times and seasons in both the physical and spiritual realms.
· Pray that the sun, moon and stars will give praise to the Lord this season Psalm 19:1-6.
· Pray that the sun and moon will not smite you by day or night, but will bring forth their best for you, your family, the church, nation and continent this season Ps 121:6, Hosea 2:18-21, Deut 33:14.
2. The month truly begins on the new moon. Thank God for His own calendar month and each day of the new month. Pray that the new moon will praise the Lord and reject every other instruction given to it.
Crescents and Quarter Moons (Sickles & Bows)
First quarter and last quarter:
3. This is a period when the occult increase their enchantments, strength and fortification.
· The occult reap the gains of the righteous that are ignorant using the crescent moon as a sickle. While the witches, sorcerers etc increase their enchantments at the crescent moons, as God’s people, proclaim God’s word into the heavens as the Spirit of God leads, beginning by instructing all creation to praise the Lord and instructing the moon to fulfill only its God-given purposes and pleasure Psalm 104:19-20, Ps 136:7-9, Ps 148, Rev 4:11.
· The occult have sharpened their tongues like a serpent. Adders’ poison is under their lips with which they fill the land with violence as they instruct the quarter moons with words of violence, failure, rebellion against authority, health challenges, accidents, marriage annulments, riots etc. They also use the crescent moon as bows with which to shoot darts of wickedness at the righteous. Pray and nullify such utterances (bitter words) on their lips with the blood of Jesus.
· Pray that the blood of Jesus will answer for you when the enemy tries to raise any accusation against you. Ps 140:1-3; Ps 64:3-4;Col 2:14.
· Pray that you will be continually fully covered in the armor of God and the shield of faith will quench any fiery darts of the enemy that are aimed at you from the heavens. Eph 6:10-13, Psalm 91.
Full “Flower” moon.
4. During the full moon the magnetic pull of the moon on the earth is at its greatest. It affects the ebb and flow of the tides, and the waters in all creatures’ bodies as a result the emotional, psychological state of all creatures becomes unusually sensitive. Some people develop "moonstruck madness." Levels of lunacy and schizophrenia increase. Violence and sexual urges also increase in a number of creatures.
· Pray that this sensitivity will be directed toward God and yielded to the Holy Spirit of God to flow easily Rom 6:13-16.
· Seize such an opportunity to put off the old man and put on the new man created after God Eph 4:24.
· Pray that this will be the time that all sickness and diseases borne by bodily fluids will be flushed out in the name of Jesus Psalm 103:1-5, 1Pet 2:24.
· Pray that the sun shall not smite you by day nor the moon by night in this season but you shall have the covering of the LORD upon you, your family, the Body of Christ and nation. Instead the heavens shall yield their best for you Psalm 121:6; Deut 33:13-14, Hosea 2:21-22.
5. There will be two sets of prominent star clusters in May. The sun that will be in Taurus until 21 May will then enter Gemini.
· Pray that the gates of these star clusters will praise the LORD as they usher in the sun and mark times and seasons. Psalm 19:1-6.
· Pray that each day will utter speech of God’s glory and reject the speeches of astrologers and prognosticators who manipulate the laws of the heavens for ungodly advantage.
· Command each night to show forth the knowledge of God for this season and this month.
The sun, in the month of May up until the 21st, passes through a cluster of 141 stars in the constellation called Taurus symbolized by the bull (rushing forward).
1. This represents Jesus the Messiah, His second coming that relates to “The glory that should follow.” He is coming in power to judge the earth in righteousness, and to subdue all His enemies under His feet.
· Pray that the Body of Christ will in this month take greater strides in their role as the installers of the authority of the Righteous Judge, and King of kings over the nations Psalm 44:5, Deut 33:17, Job 33:31-32, Isaiah 26:21.
2. The other three smaller groups of stars, called decans, that form part of Taurus, describe the details of the stages of the coming Judgment.
ORION (The coming Prince) represents Light breaking forth in the redeemer
· Pray for the members of the Body of Christ globally to arise into that place of kingly authority as royal priests over nations. Pray that you will find your identity in the Prince of Peace; as you go forth in your daily endeavors throughout this month.
ERIDANUS (The River of the Judge) represents the river of wrath breaking forth for His enemies and AURIGA (The Shepherd) represents safety for the redeemed in the day of wrath.
· Proclaim aloud Psalm 97, 114, Isaiah 30:27-33, Isaiah 66:15-16.
· Proclaim Mal 4:1-3
· In this season of kingship, pray that the LORD will find in you and in the Body of Christ, weapons in His Hand with whom He will execute His judgments in this season of redefining His righteous standards Jeremiah 23:29, Jeremiah 51:20-23.
· If your birthday falls within 1-21 May, pray that the virtues of these star clusters will manifest in your life.
From 21 May the sun passes through a cluster of 85 stars in the constellation called Gemini symbolized by the twins which speaks of His two fold nature, two fold work and two fold coming.
3. This represents Jesus the Messiah: His second coming, which relates to “The glory that should follow”. He is coming to reign as Prince of Peace but all enemies must be subdued.
· The stars are a witness in the sky, of Jesus Christ. Gemini is a witness to the two fold agenda of Christ. Starting with yourself, pray that the Body of Christ will manifest these two natures of Christ – servant/king, the lion/lamb and the Redeemer Judge.
· Pray that you will manifest His twofold work; to redeem sinners and judge sin, to save men and destroy the works of satan, to build up his kingdom and to break down satan’s kingdom.
· Rejoice in the LORD that He came the first time and men cried “crucify Him.” When He comes the second time the same tongues that shouted “crucify Him” will hail “Crown Him”. Pray that this will also be the effect you and the Body of Christ at large will have on your territory as you re-align yourself to His purposes for you and reexamine what face of Jesus you have been representing. May many who rejected Him, embrace Him because of you in the name of Yeshua the Son of the Living God. Amen.
The other three smaller group of stars, called decans, that form part of Gemini describe the details of the stages of His reign.
4. Lepus (the Hare or enemy) represents the enemy trodden under foot. Rejoice in the finished work of the LORD. For He came and led captivity captive and made a public show of the enemy defeated. He released those imprisoned in darkness into glorious light Is 63:3-4; Mal 4:3.
· Canis Major (The Dog), or Sirius (the Prince) represents Jesus who is the coming glorious Prince of Princes (Sirius).
· Pray that the Body of Christ, starting with you, will seek to prepare for this event. Most people are focused on fortifying the temporal visible rather than their invisible but more permanent spiritual lives. We are doing everything to strengthen the flesh and ensure its comfort. However, there is a day of reckoning. Jesus is coming again. Ask yourself “Am I ready for the Day of the LORD? Make this a prayer of reflection often.
· Pray that the Body of Christ will re-visit this forgotten truth; and prepare their congregations toward eternity. It should not only be done at funeral services but should be a continuous exhortation and teaching.
· Pray that God will give you a revelation of the day of the LORD that you may live your days in wisdom Psalm 90:12.
Canis Minor (The second Dog) represents the exalted redeemer (i.e. Procyon)
· Pray that this fifth month which depicts grace, you shall be the epitome of grace and redemption in all you do. Pray this for the Body of Christ worldwide. Dan 8:23,25 ; Is 49:24-25.
· If your birthday falls between May 21 and May 31, pray that the LORD will make you an embodiment of the virtues and laws vested in the star cluster Gemini, for His glory.
· Prophesy that every territory you occupy is a no flight zone for any aspect of lawlessness, confusion, division and ungodliness. Nothing from the kingdom of darkness will cross into your territory in this season. Prophesy Psalm 121 over yourself, your family, the Body of Christ in this coming days.
The Helical rising of Pleiades has marked from ancient times the opening of sea faring and farming seasons. This month, four planets, Jupiter, Venus, Mercury and Mars will be visible in the night sky.
5. Pagan worship was made to these planets with regard to fertility of the body, fruitfulness of land and success in marriage.
· Command the heavens to declare that Jesus is Lord over the earth. All dedications and worship with regard to fruitfulness, love, marriage, and fertility are due to Him in this season. Psalm 19:1-2.
· Command the star cluster Pleiades, the planet Venus, Jupiter, Mercury and Mars to praise the Lord and perform only His bidding for them this month – to give Him pleasure and to carry out their purposes according to Genesis 1:14-17.
· Declare that all other instructions and manipulations given to these planets by man shall be null and void. Rev 4:11.
· Traditionally this month begins the wedding season because of that ancient pagan belief tied up with the Helical rising of Pleiades and the prominence of Venus as the morning star this month. Pray for marriages taking place this month, especially in the Body of Christ, that the hold of these pagan beliefs will be broken as people enter into the marriage covenant.
· Pray that there will be a healing of marriages where there has been an influence from these pagan beliefs concerning marriages.
· Thank the Lord for answered prayers and declare this month sanctified and dedicated back to God.